Shockwave therapy is a non-intrusive and effective treatment using sound waves which works to heal and regenerate tissue that may be causing foot, leg and back pain.
What problems can shockwave help with?
After you consult with your podiatrist and they assess the problem area, they will be able to inform you if shockwave therapy is a viable and effective treatment for your pain. We recommend shockwave therapy for patients suffering from chronic pain (pain that is present for 6 weeks and longer). Our podiatrists use shockwave to help treat:
- Achilles tendonitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Shin splints (medial tibial stress syndrome)
- Knee pain (patellar tendonitis)
- Iliotibial band pain (outside of the upper leg)
- Painful trigger points
- Calcifications at the tendons
- Back pain
- Ligament and tendon injuries
- Musculoskeletal disorders of the feet and lower limbs